On Monday 3rd of December 2012 the =EFG= are 10 years old. Time flies when you're having fun huh? The night before, a load of us had gotten together on a public server and changed our names to red. Good times were had and we decided we should do it on a regular basis.. EFG was born.
At the time we played RTCW, but for this Anniversary we are going to play our second most played game, ET, as it should be more accessible to people (given it's free). We'll play on Thursday just like the original EFG Forum Games.
You can download ET here:http://www.splashdamage.com/content/download-wolfenstein-enemy-territory
(available for Windows/OS X/Linux).
We use the ET Mod "ETPro" which you can download here: http://etpro.anime.net/download.html
(it will automatically download when you connect to the server).
Finally we use Teamspeak for communications, please join TS even if you don't have a mic/can't talk/other excuse, at least so you know what is going on: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads
(Windows/OS X/Linux).The DetailsWhen: Thursday 6th December 2012 - 8PM GMT/UTC/Goose Time
(9PM CET, 3PM EST)Where: =EFG= Lemming Temple - 126.96.36.199:27961 Password: wolfefgTeamspeak 3: 188.8.131.52:10797 Password: wolfefgTheme: Your Original RTCW Name with red EFG tags. Maps:
Download from: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t1bpcoz8rg9cief/sB9-yc6cfR
(stick these in the ETMain folder, or download automatically from the server - it's recommended to grab them in advance).1944 Beach
Braundorf (Beta 4)
Dover Bridge (Final)
Raw Castle (Final)
Stopwatch Oasis (Beta 3)
(plus Stock maps)Notes:
- PB is disabled as it is no longer working with ET. Please play fair.
- It is advisable to connect to the server in advance to make sure everything is working for you - if you need help, shout up BEFORE 8pm on Thursday!
- Easiest way to join the server is copy (ctrl+c) /connect 184.108.40.206:27961 , Start ET, Bring down the Console (key to left of 1 on the keyboard) and paste (ctrl+v).
- The drinking of alcohol is encouraged!
- To use red in your name use ^1
- Automatic downloads won't work if you install ET under the default Program Files directory under Vista/W7/W8 (unless you run ET as admin).